MEMS 2D LASER SCANNING MIRROR
A MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical System) mirror is a tiny solid-state scanning mirror (mirror on a chip) actuated by micro-size motors to move in one or two scanning directions. In order to create a laser-based display, a laser beam pointed at the mirror is precisely deflected and steered by the scanning mirror to reach a target point at a specific time.
MEMS Mirrors Flexibility and Customization
- Plastic package is ideal for low cost consumer applications of display and sensing using laser scanning
- Ceramic packages can meet the requirements of the automotive market and high reliability requirement devices
- A high Laser Damage Threshold (LDT) to meet reliability and performance requirements of high laser power applications
- Custom laser wavelength coating using Bragg reflectors to increase reflectivity
- High reflectivity for UV (405nm), Visible (450~700), IR (800~1550) lasers
- Maradin's 2D MEMS scanning mirrors can work with internal laser or be synchronizes to external lasers
- Maradin's 2D axis MEMS scanning mirror can be extended from the mirror controller up to 50cm to provide design flexibility and agility
- Synchronization of several of Maradin's 2D axis MEMS scanning mirrors together is achieved by using Maradin’s system firmware proprietary architecture
- The sensing signals of both the fast axis and the slow axis of the 2D MEMS scanning mirror can serve as alarms for enhanced eye safety mechanisms
MAR1110.E MEMS 2D Scanning Mirrors Common Applications
MAR1110.E – MEMS SCANNING MIRROR SPEC:
Optical angle (H x V)
Typ.: 45x20 Deg. | Max: 45x30 Deg.
Typ.: 1280x480 pixels | Max: 1280x600 pixels
Pixel position error
+/- 1/5 pixel
Resonance frequency (H)
Resonance frequency (V)
Effective mirror size (H)
Effective mirror size (V)
MEMS Scanning Module dimensions (L x W x H)
Typ.: 10×5.5×5 mm
MEMS Scanning module power consumption
70 mW (rms)
Typ.: Plastic, Non-Hermetic | Custom: Ceramic, Hermetic
Incident angle (H)
Incident angle (V)
15 – 22 Deg.
Typ.: 90-98% (Aluminium coating)Max: 99.5% (High Reflective Coating)
>85% (Mirror & Optical window)
Wavelength range for reflection
Typ.: 440 -700 mmCustom: Any wavelength upon request
laser max spot size
FAQs MAR1110.E :
The MAR1110.E 2D MEMS scanning mirror is an improved version of the MAR1100.E 2D MEMS scanning mirror. It has improved maximal stress design, better sensing signals and a more simplified manufacturing process
Yes. The MAR1110.E 2D MEMS scanning mirror has different actuation methods for every scanning direction. Electromagnetic actuation is used for the slow scanning axis and electrostatic actuation is used for the fast scanning axis.
We use capacitive sensing technology for both the fast and slow scanning axes. For each scanning direction, a set of sensing comb-drives is carved into the silicon structure of the MEMS, providing an accurate sensing signal on the MEMS position.
Maradin has several MEMS mirrors controllers. The MAR1110.E 2D MEMS scanning mirror can work with both the MAR2100 analog mirror controller and the MAR2200 digital mirror controller.